Home Open Account Help 28 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak #364 AMTK 127 AMTK 36, Thursday, May 10, 2018

Date: 05/15/18 19:24
Amtrak #364 AMTK 127 AMTK 36, Thursday, May 10, 2018
Author: Ron

Well the weather has finally turned into Spring. And, after I came out of hibernation, I've been doing a little train watching here in the Battle Creek, Michigan, area.

This video here of #364 from last Thursday, May 10, 2018, has an interesting view at what is left of the "Good Track Road".

I don't normally travel too much around the East End of the CN Yard here in Battle Creek, but on this night there was a Q149 leaving heading for Chicago, but it had to wait for #364 to make the station stop downtown. I was going to stop around the Fuel Dock area, but Q149 was blocking that area, so I went to the east end of the yard at McAllister Road, and found a spot to wait.

In the video there is a Yard Crew working on the East Side of the yard with their locomotive pulled up tight to the signal, waiting for #364 to pass so they could get some head-room to finish their switching, or they may have been doubling up a train. I didn't talk with the yard crew, so I really don't know what they were doing. But they were pulled up tight to the signal.

The track through the CN McAllister Control Point could use a little work this spring. Bouncing right along they was!!!

#364 is using Main #2 tonight. Normally, #364 leaves Battle Creek on Main #1.

Amtrak #364 AMTK 127 AMTK 36, Thursday, May 10, 2018, at about 8:05 PM. At CN McAllister - MP 180.87 CN Flint Subdivision, Pennfield Township, Calhoun County, Michigan.

Also, the CN McAllister Control Point was shortened last fall. New signals were installed and the westward signals that "used to be" just clear of McAllister Road have been moved west maybe 400 or 500 feet from their old location.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 1526969610.2642 seconds